The ParaEq MKII and ParaEq Deluxe bring back one of Empress’ most beloved pedal designs with exciting new features. The original ParaEq, released in 2010, steadily grew in reputation for its visceral tone-shaping, extreme transparency, and intuitive controls, rivalled only by studio-grade equipment. After being discontinued in 2020, we’ve watched used ParaEq prices on sites like reverb.com skyrocket, and it solidified our belief of the importance of highly controllable EQ adjustments with studio quality sound.
With the reintroduction of the ParaEq, we’ve kept everything people loved about the original, but we took it to the next level. We’ve enhanced the already amazing audio path purity with lower noise circuitry and a huge 27V of headroom. We’ve also managed to squeeze it all into a pedalboard friendly footprint with top-mounted jacks for maximum convenience.
3 bands of parametric EQ, each with 3 selectable Q widths, give you an extremely flexible EQ. The wide Q is great for general tone shaping and is extremely transparent. The medium Q is perfect for everyday problem solving like pulling out boxiness from the low mids or reducing harshness and adding a bit in the upper mids. The narrow Q excels at notching out problem frequencies and is a saviour for acoustic guitarists when combating feedback issues.
- All-Analog Signal Path – to deliver the most organic tone possible.
- Ultra Transparent Sweet Sounding EQ – enhance your sound without masking the tone of your instrument.
- Lots of Control – with adjustable/ switchable q, fully overlapping sweepable frequency selection, and 15dB of cut and boost you’ll get all the control you need.
- Ultra-Quiet – You’ve come to expect our pedals to be noise free and we’ve delivered once again. If you put this at the front of your chain and boost a bit you’ll also cut down on the noise your other pedals are introducing.
- Loads of Headroom – Operates internally from a 27V power supply – similar to rack-mount equipment.
- +30dB of Boost – making it an ideal candidate before long effects chains and overdriving tube amps.
- Pristine Clean Sound – We measured the distortion to be less than 0.05%. Pretty remarkable for a guitar pedal.
- True Bypass – The Empress ParaEq MKIIl employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Perfect Size - The enclosure with controls measures approximately 2.5” x 4.8” x 2.6”, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Top Mounted Jacks - Extra convenient to integrate .