Push Turn Move
Push Turn Move
NEW Updated 2021-version with stunning new print and paper quality! Featuring more than 30 new or updated instruments — including the Polyend Tracker, the new Haken Continuum models, ASM Hydrasynth, Sensel Morph, Novation Launchpad X, and many others.
Mankind touches music technology
PUSH TURN MOVE is an utterly unique and unprecedented book. Beautiful pictures, insightful essays, and fascinating interviews teach how electronic musical instruments are designed for the special needs of the most expressive, lyrical, and demanding things in the music world: human beings.
- Hundreds of electronic instruments going back over 100 years
- Over 45 interviews with designers and artists
- Dozens of essays and diagrams showing the beauty of instrument design
- Foreword by world-famous electronic artist Jean-Michel Jarre
- 352 colorful pages printed on high-quality, certified-ecofriendly paper
- Hardcover format (9.8" x 9.8" / 25 x 25 cm)
PUSH TURN MOVE features hundreds of photos and diagrams, dozens of interviews with designers and artists, and eye-opening essays on history, philosophy, design, and user experience. With clear writing and stunning photography, it builds a bridge between abstract design concepts and the feelings we have when we touch our music... between technology and humanity. Science, engineering, passion, and inspiration come together in a unique look at the special bond between instrument and player. PUSH TURN MOVE is a love letter from human to machine that has to be experienced to be believed.